Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Influence - Naruto Openings

Anime as a genre may or may not fit the experimental mould but there are elements in it that are a removal from western commercial animation.  What appeals to me the most is the exaggeration of the poses because they happen in such a fast-pace and often resolve in large graphic distortions of the body in radically changing dimensions so very often, while having a way of maintaining the model of the character.  This is something I would like to work more on in this class, the last part being my biggest challenge thus far in my learning to be an animator.

This is the 5th opening theme of the series.


The openings of this anime, specifically, appeal to me and seems like a genre I would one day like to pursue.  They function as a music video that tells a story of an entire chapter of a series, often containing elements not yet revealed in the series but just giving an intriguing glimpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment